Print Save

Back to top
Ontario Land Tribunal
655 Bay Street, Suite 1500, Toronto, ON M5G 1E5
Tel: 416-212-6349 | 1-866-448-2248
Web Site:
Checklist Section 6
Mining Claim and
Conservation Matters

This form is to be filed with the OLT Appeal Form (A1). If you completed Section 6 of the A1 form, you MUST also complete and submit this checklist with the required document(s).

Required Documentation (Please check boxes below to indicate that the document is included)

Format of Submission:
Submit the documents listed on this checklist via electronic format on a USB key, or submit the documents via the Secure Email service. Electronic documents are to be provided in portable document format (pdf) with searchable text and tabbed electronic bookmarks indexed to a table of contents. If a document cannot be submitted at this time, please provide comments, additional information or details in the space provided at the end of the checklist.

  1. Appeal
     a. Original copy of the Appellant Form A1, including section 6 on mining claims and conservation matters.
     b. Tribunal fee paid by the appellant made payable to the Minister of Finance. The appeal will not be processed without this fee being paid by the appellant. Ensure that cheque/fee payment is affixed to the appeal. (Where Applicable)

  2. Vesting Order Applications– Section 74 of The Mining Act
     a. Copy of the death certificate or the statement of death from the funeral director.
     b. Notarized copy of the certificate of appointment of estate trustee with a will, including the will of the deceased.
     c. Where there is no will, a notarized copy of the certificate of appointment of estate trustee without a will. If there is no certificate of appointment of estate trustee without a will, this must be set out in an affidavit.
     d. An affidavit setting out your relationship to the deceased with an indication of whether there are any other individuals (for example, children) who may be entitled to an interest in the estate by reason of law.
     e. Evidence of the date of marriage, if any, and a copy of the pre-marital or marital agreement if one exists. If one does not exist, this should be set out in an affidavit.
     f. A copy of the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines Client Report which will list the cell and boundary mining claims owned by the deceased.
     g. A statement setting out whether you are seeking an extension of time in which to perform and file assessment work and the reason for that request.

  3. Applications/Appeals under Section 68, 69, 79, 105, 112, 152 and 175 of The Mining Act
     a. Identification of the property(s) including unpatented and patented mining claims, the relief being sought, the reasons for the appeal, including the date the Decision of the Provincial Mining Recorder was recorded (if applicable).

  4. Vesting Order Applications – Section 181 or 196 of The Mining Act
     a. Proof that the applicant is the registered owner on title in the Land Registry Office and has been for four consecutive years prior to the date of the application.
     b. A copy of the most recent Parcel Register(s) or Abstract(s) of Title and any pertinent/related documents from the Land Registry Office, including the Property Identifier Number(s) (PIN’s).
     c. A letter from the Mining Lands Dispositions Office, Mining Lands Section, Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, outlining the payment details of rents/taxes for each year that rents/taxes have been paid.
     d. Address(es) if possible or an indication of the latest known places of residence of delinquent co-owners. If addresses cannot be provided, a Direction to Pay will be issued and will include a detailed Notice to be placed in a newspaper(s) of the Tribunal’s choosing. The applicant will bear the cost of placing the Notice and a copy must be sent to the Registrar of the Tribunal as proof of publication.

  5. Appeals of Section 27 and 28 of The Conservation Authorities Act.
     a. Correspondence from the appellant confirming that they are appealing the Decision of the Conservation Authority.
     b. A copy of the “Letter of Refusal” or “Approval with Conditions” from the Conservation Authority.

Please provide any comments, additional information or details regarding the documents listed above